We aim for strong financial, operational and program management systems and a responsible organization to ensure the highest standards.Back to about
Quality and control
ICCO has an ISO 9001:2015 and a Partos 9001:2015 certification on quality management systems. ICCO has an ANBI statement (Dutch) which confirms our non-profit status. ICCO is also a CBF qualified organization and complies with its requirements. The CBF monitors all philanthropic bodies in the Netherlands and evaluates their management and policy in order to increase the transparency of the charity sector.
Quality standards and code of conducts
ICCO promotes the use of standards, guidelines and certificates to collectively improve or develop our work and prevent wrongful conduct. All staff members, as well as consultants and partners, are required to sign a contract indicating that they will adhere to these codes.
In relation to wrong conduct we have in place:
- Code of Conduct ICCO
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (ICRC) and NGOs in relief
- ICCO and Kerk in Actie Child Safeguarding Policy
- ICCO’s safety and security policy
- ACT Alliance: Code of Good Practice
- Act Allianza – Spanish version
ICCO also has standards related to procurement. These standards apply to all procurement by ICCO or partners funded by ICCO.
Integrity codes and violations
Sexually intolerant behavior and abuse of power go against everything that we stand for. For the purpose of our sector Partos and Goede Doelen Nederland (Dutch), have jointly developed an ‘Integrity System Guide’.
The ‘Integrity System Guide’ is the basis for our own Integrity Policy. ICCO commits to improve communication, training and sustaining our policies and codes complying with Partos, ACT Alliance Code of Conduct, the Dutch Relief Alliance Integrity Guidance Note and the Regulations of CBF.
Complaints and appeals and Whistleblower
As part of ICCO’s integrity policy ICCO treats seriously complaints and appeals made by employees, partner organizations and other clients (partners). To this end ICCO has clearly defined procedures:
- Integrity Standard Operating Procedures
The Integrity Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) describe how to report and handle suspected integrity breaches. It replaces the Whistleblower Regulations, the Complaints- and Appeal Procedure – as far as Integrity complaints are concerned.
Scope: This procedure applies when the alleged perpetrator of misconduct is a representative of ICCO including staff, consultants, volunteers and interns. It also applies when ICCO and a partner organization have agreed that this procedure would be followed when integrity concerns arise in a joint project.
- ICCO Complaints and Appeal procedure
- ACT Alliance: Complaints and Investigation Guidelines
- Suggested Complaint Letter
Fraud and financial incapacity procedure
ICCO implements ‘Anti-Fraud and -Corruption Policy & Procedures’ as part of the overall integrity policy. We try to prevent fraud and corruption through close monitoring and abiding by strict contracting procedures. The policy & procedures give details and guidelines on specific prevention, detection, investigation and handling of fraud and corruption cases.
- ICCO Anti-Fraud and -Corruption Policy & Procedures paper
- ACT Alliance Policy Anti-Fraud and corruption
Corporate Social Responsibility
ICCO’s corporate social responsibility (CSR) policy is based on the criteria of ISO 26000. ISO 26000 is a universally accepted guideline how to define and implement CSR.
In our CSR policy we use seven principles:
- Ethical behavior
- Respect for stakeholder interest
- Respect for the rule of law
- Respect for the international norms of behavior
- Respect for human rights.
Focal points of our CSR policy
- we adhere to the SBF Code for Good Governance for charities (previously Code Wijffels)
- we ensure sound financial management throughout the project cycle
- our investment portfolio with ING Bank is termed sustainable based on more than hundred non-financial indicators on social and environmental responsibility
- we are climate neutral by offsetting carbon emissions with carbon credits from FairClimateFund
- our offices are managed in a sustainable way by minimizing energy consumption.