PRCA-SA / Jege Ni Jaba II
One of the ambitions of the Dutch Embassy and the Dutch Government is to improve the food security situation of the Malian people. It results from the belief that sufficient access to affordable, good quality food as well as water is essential for development. The Malian context is such that some value chains such as onions and fish seem to have all the necessary conditions to be sufficiently developed for the populations, even the most vulnerable ones. However, they are not produced sufficiently and with good quality. The Program for Strengthening Agricultural Value Chains for Food Security (PRCA-SA), also commonly referred to as the “Jege Ni Jaba “, has as its main objective the improvement of food security in Mali, without increasing the pressure on the environment (especially water resources), while contributing to the promotion of sensitive layers (women and young people).
An integral part of the cooperation policy between Mali and the Netherlands, it emphasizes the importance of the private sector for the sustainable development of the agricultural sector.
To achieve this end, three strategic objectives have been identified:
1. increase the availability of good quality onion and fish at an affordable price throughout the year;
2. increase the income of producers (women and men) and other actors in the shallot-onion and fish-fish value chains;
3. improve the rational use of natural resources (land and water) with the aim of increasing the resilience of production systems.
Specifically, the expected results at the end of the project are:
1. Performance of onion and fish production systems:
a- availability in quantity and quality; water, land and employment productivity;
b-increase of the incomes of the actors of each chain of value;
c- rational use of natural resources (land, water);
d- Improvement of the production links of the two value chains through the facilitation of access to inputs (seeds, fertilizers, fry, fish feed, etc.);
2. Increased post-harvest processing capacity of onions and fish (processing, conservation links);
3. Improved availability of onions and fish over time and in the country
The “Development of Public-Private Sector Partnerships for Vegetables in Sikasso and Mopti Regions of Mali” is a two-year ...
The objective of this 3-year initiative is to contribute to increased food security, sustainable income, gender equality, and ...