OPENING DATE: Monday February 04th, 2019; CLOSING DATE: Monday February 18th, 2019
Organization profile: ICCO Cooperation is an international non-governmental organisation founded in 1964 and implementing programs with partners. ICCO contributes to strengthening food & nutrition security and economic empowerment of smallholder farmers and small and medium-sized enterprises.
The "Strengthening African Rural Smallholders" (STARS) program is implemented by ICCO Cooperation and ICCO Terrafina Microfinance, in partnership with Mastercard Foundation. STARS aims to transform the lives of 210,000 farmers, 50% of whom are women, in rural Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Rwanda and Senegal by facilitating access to financial markets and services as well as agricultural services.
ICCO Rwanda Office invites suitable applicants for the position of Administrative Assistant for its STARS program.
Specification of the Job: The Administrative Assistant manages the office needs, assists the STARS Program Manager in collecting documents to be signed and assist the Finance Officer and Administration Manager in the administrative tasks. The Administrative Assistant has the duty of generating memos, emails and reports when appropriate, filing STARS partners documents and Performing receptionist duties
Applicable countries: Rwanda, Ethiopia, Burkina Faso and Senegal.
Reporting: The Administrative Assistant reports to the Finance and Administration Manager.
Duty Station: Kigali, Rwanda
Contract Type: Fixed term contract - 5 months (April-August 2019)
Duties and Responsibilities:
STARS program Administration
- Maintain and update all project record keeping: including both physical and electronic on Google Drive
- Organising and maintaining HR Files for all STARS Staff
- Monitoring and recording performance management cycle for all STARS staff
- Monitoring and maintaining annual leave requests and tracking for all STARS staff
- Support as required scanning and filing of project documents
- Assist as Note taker for all staff or program meetings
- Coordinate with Program Director where his approval/signature is required on project documents
- Draft and edit administrative correspondence for internal and external audiences
- Support logistics of program events
- Support procurement of project equipment, materials, etc.
- Assist the Program Director in all administrative and secretarial tasks
- Inform other offices when Program Director is travelling or on leave
- Inform colleagues in advance of national holidays
- Assist the logistician when needed
- Other tasks of an administrative nature that may be allocated from time to time
Front office operations
- Act as the first contact of ICCO Rwanda and other organizations hosted by ICCO Rwanda with both internal & external clients including making & receiving calls, and ensuring that visitors & guests are well attended to.
- Route all incoming mail to the respective staff
- Update the in & out mail book
- Ensure all office secretary tasks: staff meeting reports…
Qualifications and Skills needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Agriculture or related field
- At least 2 years’ experience as an administrative officer with a supervisory role
- Excellent language skills in English, French and a regional language
- Excellent organizational skills
- Negotiation skills
- Good Interpersonal & communication skills, including intercultural communication and communication with ecumenical actors
- Supervisory skills.
- Basic knowledge of bookkeeping
- Stress management and ability to multitask
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Result driven
- Independent team worker
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Affinity with the protestant character of ICCO and Kerk in Actie
Working conditions: full time, 40 hours per week
How to apply: Interested candidates should send a CV (not more than 3 pages) and an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only email applications with less than 2MB will be considered. Please indicate “Admin Assistant Position” in the subject of your application email.
Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted. We apologize that we cannot provide a response to all applicants. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.