Up to 2018, the finance & control department was part of a Shared Service Center (SSC). After the recent disentanglement of the SSC, the position became available for a Head of Finance & Control (28-36 uur)
ICCO Cooperation is an independent international NGO with business features and a decentralized structure. Are you committed to support our mission and create a world where people can live in dignity and secured livelihoods? In cooperation with a global team of professionals? Then we are looking for you.
ICCO designs, manages and implements programs for inclusive development with a focus on food security (SDG2) and economic development (SDG8) for women and youth. Gender, climate resilience and inclusion are important principles in all our programs. We offer brokering services for public organizations and private companies. We are also experienced in working with a wide range of financial tools.
Our organization consists of a global office in the Netherlands (Utrecht) and 5 regional offices in Africa, Asia and Latin America. ICCO has approximately 350 employees worldwide and a turnover of EUR 45M in 2018.
ICCO works with a decentralized model; the finance & control department consists of employees working at global office (In Utrecht) and of regional controllers working at the regional offices.
Up to 2018, the finance & control department was part of a Shared Service Center (SSC). After the recent disentanglement of the SSC, the position became available for a
Head of Finance & Control
As Head of Finance & Control you are the right-hand of the CFO and responsible for the day to day management, coaching and further professionalism of the finance team.
We are looking for a pragmatic, positive and empathic finance professional that enjoys building and creating a great finance team in the new independent setting.
- Responsible for the day to day line management of the 7 colleagues in Utrecht and a functional line to the 5 regional controllers
- Responsible for the coordination and further improvement of the reporting and P&C cycle, including, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Responsible for the improvement of the financial accounting (system)
- You will have a key role in forming an effective team of all colleagues working within the newly formed Finance Department (after the disentanglement).
- You are the ‘dutch-speaking’ link in an international environment; you are for example the first point of contact for the Dutch Tax authorities, the bank(s), the interest organization Partos and Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- You will be involved in the further disentanglement of the SSC, which involves implementation of a new ERP system, streamlining the current agreements (including SLA’s) between parties involved
- You coordinate the Audit Committee meetings (a representation of the Supervisory Board of ICCO), which you attend together with the CFO
- You are a financial business partner for the management team and the Executive Board
- Responsible for improving processes and tooling; with a focus on IT, automating, innovation and efficiency
- A Master in Business Administration or a Bachelor in Business Administration and a Post HBO Controlling;
- 6+ years experience in the accounting and finance sector. “Big Four” or national accounting firm audit experience is preferred but not required;
- Experience in international organisation and the NGO sector is preferred but not required;
- Several years of experience in managing a team;
- Computer skills, preferably Google (spreadsheets), All Solutions (ERP)
- Fluent Dutch and English including good written and verbal communication skills.
- A manager who focuses on creating teamspirit and building an effective team, that involves the team in decision making, both in Utrecht and in the regions;
- Task and goal oriented and capable of functioning in an entrepreneurial, international and multicultural setting;
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude;
- Key competences: proactive, hands-on, responsible, helicopter view, flexible, result driven, change management skills;
- Humor, empathy and integrity are important characteristics;
- Affinity with the Christian Ecumenical roots of ICCO.
What do we offer
We offer a challenging position in a working area that is rapidly and constantly changing. Working days and hours to be discussed. The position has been graded in grade 13, with a monthly gross salary between € 3.928 and € 5.945 based on a 36-hour working week (excl. 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end of year allowance). You will be offered a fixed term contract for one year with the possibility to extend. A medical check can be part of the procedure and references will be checked.
For more information about the job you please contact Jolanda Wakkerman, CFO, telephone number: 030 - 692 7951, email: email@example.com.
How to apply
Please send your motivation letter and CV in English, before 16 May 2019 to
firstname.lastname@example.org, and refer to the job title and the vacancy number 2019-003 in the email title. The job interviews will take place on the 21st and 22nd of May.