ICCO Cooperation is an enterprising global development organization, that seeks motivated colleagues to support our mission. Are you committed to create a world where people can live in dignity and secure their livelihoods? Then we would like to meet you.
ICCO Cooperation designs, manages and implements programs with focus on economic empowerment, food and nutrition security and emergency response. Responsible business and inclusiveness are cross-cutting issues. We not only implement programs that help farmers and small agribusinesses grow, we also offer brokering services for public-private partnerships. ICCO Cooperation is experienced in working with a wide range of financial tools.
Our organization consists of a global office in the Netherlands (Utrecht) and five regional offices in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are also active in a variety of countries through our country representatives and we have an ICCO USA office in Washington D.C. ICCO Cooperation has approximately 350 employees worldwide and a turnover of 40M€ in 2018.
For the Executive Board at the global office in Utrecht we are looking for an
Office Manager / Assistant to the Executive Board
The Executive Board of ICCO is responsible for governing the organization and therefore has many internal and external consultation meetings inside and outside The Netherlands.
About the position
- The Office Manager / Assistant to the Executive Board supports the CEO and CFO to execute their tasks.
- The position of Office Manager / Assistant to the Executive Board is a challenging job in a dynamic environment, in which you will be involved at all kinds of corporate policy subjects. You are able to deliver a well- organized, coordinated and up-to-date support service.
- You are responsible for the support of the Executive Board in the broadest sense of the word, like calendar management, travel support, meeting follow ups and taking the minutes of the meetings of the Executive Board (in English).
- You support the Executive Board with writing policy documents, and prepare its meetings with the Corporate Works Council.
- You are the first point of contact for internal and external relations, therefore you have a representative role.
- You are responsible for coordinating the facility management.
- You prepare the content and agenda of the bi-annual and international Management Team meeting in Utrecht.
- You report to the Executive Board.
Knowledge and expertise
The Office Manager has a Master or Bachelor work and thinking level and at least four years experience in a similar position on the executive level of a (preferably international) big or medium sized organization. You have an open attitude towards cooperation, without losing sight of your professionalism, integrity and your sense of administrative relationships.
You are quick and efficient, you think ahead and are able to prioritise. All together, you support the Executive Board professionally and proactively, increasing the effectivity.
You are flexible, stress-resistant, spontaneous with a sense of humour. You are able to communicate effectively in English and Dutch in spoken-word and writing. Preferably you have experience with the Google Suite applications (and MS Office). You have affinity with development cooperation and are open-minded towards the protestant character of the organization.
What we offer
The position is graded in salary scale 9 of the ICCO Terms of Employment (min. € 2.468 and max. € 3.588 gross salary per month based on a 36-hour work week; depending on working experience). The position will be formally described and graded during this year. Besides, we offer 8,3% end of year allowance and a 8% holiday allowance. You duty station will Utrecht, The Netherlands. You will be offered a fixed term contract for one year with the possibility to extend.
For more information on this position, call Marian Oppelaar (HR Advisor) on +31-(0)6-51699082 (available on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday).
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a written application in English to the HR department of ICCO (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the 6th of May. Please mention the vacancy title and number 2019-001 in the subject title.