ICCO Cooperation Kenya is seeking to hire a competent and qualified person to fill the position of Program Coordinator Civic Engagement Alliance in Kenya. Interested candidates should send a CV (not more than 3 pages) and an expression of interest to email@example.com.
Only email applications with less than 2MB will be considered. Please indicate “KNY Prog Cord. CEA” in the subject of your application email. The final deadline for submissions is Friday 8th February 2019. Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We apologize that we cannot provide a response to all applicants. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
Specification of the job:
The Civic Engagement Alliance programme is a five-year multi country programme enhancing the right to food and access to inclusive markets for small-holder farmers. Specific target groups are women, youth and marginalized groups. The programme is a strategic partnership with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs aiming at strengthening the capacity of civil society in policy influencing and advocacy. In the Central and Eastern Africa region the programme is implemented in Ethiopia, Kenya and Uganda. ICCO Cooperation works in a coalition with EDUKANS, KerkinActie, Co-Prisma, Wilde Ganzen and CNV. Reporting relationship
The Program Coordinator reports to the Regional Head of Programs. He/she works closely together with the other 2 Program Coordinators CEA in the region and the Program Manager at the Global Office. He/she works in cooperation with the finance and administration unit and the regional and international specialist/advisors.
Job category/grade: Grade VI of the Kenya salary scale
Job summary/overall goal of the position: The Program Coordinator CEA is responsible for designing the programme in the country in collaboration with the coalition partners and local NGO’s and CBO’s. He/she is the overall responsible for implementing the programme establishing and enhancing relations with local partners within the country and linking with partners and projects in the region and internationally.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Consortium Coordination/Partnership Management:
● Coordinate and initiate assessments and research to identify issues related to equitable access to food and markets
● Develop country program in collaboration with coalition and local partners.
● Identify and plan for capacity building support to coalition and local partners
● Develop annual work plans.
● Works with M&E advisor and develop an M&E framework and reports accordingly
● Writes regular progress reports and ensures quality and timeliness
● Ensure that ICCO’s partners’ network has the capacity to collectively pursue dialogue for development initiatives;
● Support partners to capacitate community groups, youth and women groups, local partners, and local churches to undertake effective dialogue for development
● Facilitate linking and learning between all program stakeholders to enhance program quality.
● Monitoring and evaluation of on-going/upcoming contracts between ICCO Cooperation and local partners
● Facilitation of capacity building, expertise dialogue and necessary experts’ knowledge development in the programs.
● Provide feedback and advise to partner organizations involved in the project, do follow-up of project implementation.
● Identify bottlenecks and opportunities in the context and partner organizations on regular basis and report to management for necessary actions
● Liaise with financial team for program budget development and monitoring.
2. Coordination of own implementation activities
● Develop and implement ICCO’s own implementation plan in line with the country plan and in collaboration with the country, regional and global team.
● Actively link community dialogue agenda from the grass root to the national and international level
3. Linking, networking and fundraising
● Build and maintain strategic alliances for evidence based dialogue for development purposes;
● Establish and maintain the mutually reinforcing linkages between dialogue for development initiatives at national, regional and international levels.
● Develop/contribute to development of quality funding proposals to be submitted to potential donors for themes related to civic engagement.
● Contribute to the development of fundraising strategy for ICCO Cooperation Kenya Country Office
● Establish good network with like minded organizations and potential donors in relation to themes related to SP on C&C.
● Contribute to ICCO’s learning, exchange and knowledge-sharing
● Contribute to ICCO’s policy development and to the development of strategic planning.
● Contribute to communication/visibility regarding activities and policies of ICCO Cooperation in Kenya and beyond
● Represent ICCO in relevant forums, networking events, meetings, etc. when necessary.
● Perform additional relevant tasks assigned by the (acting) Country Manager
Key result areas
● Consortium Coordination/Partnership Management
● Coordination of own implementation activities
● Linking, networking and fundraising
● Monitoring and analysis of calls for proposals
● Initiate project groups
● Networking and donor mapping
Person specifications - Qualifications and Skills needed
- Good knowledge of the social, economic and political situation of the region
- Special skills, knowledge and experience in designing and implementing lobby and advocacy programs
- Knowledge of food security and value chain development.
- Proven track record of effective project/program management particularly related to project start-ups.
- A graduate in development issues coupled with years of experience in international development or a postgraduate qualification.
- A MA in development related disciples is an added advantage
- Negotiation skills
- Networking and facilitation skills
- Training and facilitation skills
- Good communication skills, including intercultural communication and communication with ecumenical actors Competences
- Strategic thinking
- Result driven
- Independent team worker
- Affinity with the protestant character of ICCO and Kerk in Actie
Terms of employment: The ICCO regional human resource manual is applicable
● 40 hours a week
● Travel to program areas as and when needed