The Strategic Partnership on Convening and Convincing Program (SPCC) is a five-year multi country
programme enhancing sustainable access to food and to inclusive markets for smallholder farmers.
Specific target groups are women, youth and marginalized groups. The programme is a strategic
partnership with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs aiming at strengthening the capacity of civil
society to facilitate dialogue for development and contribute towards sustainable livelihood.
To strengthen its operations in Ethiopia, ICCO would like to invite qualified applicants for the
position of Program Officer: Strategic Partnership on Convening and Convincing Program
The program officer will be responsible for effective implementation of the Strategic Partnership on Convening and Convincing Program and will contribute towards successful fundraising for ICCO Cooperation Ethiopia country office. She/he will be expected to promote ICCO’s initiatives in the country and linking and learning with all program stakeholders to enhance program quality and outcomes
The program officer reports to the Country Manager Ethiopia and will work closely with
the country team, Head of Programmes (HOP), other strategic partnership colleagues in the region in cooperation with the finance and administration unit and the regional and international
Duty station: Ethiopia, Addis Ababa
Position type: Expatriate contract
Contract type: Fixed term contract – two year with possibility of renewal based on performance
Core responsibilities of the Program Officer
Consortium coordination/partnership management
● Coordinate and initiate assessments and research to identify issues related to equitable access to food and markets
● Develop country program in collaboration with coalition and local partners.
● Identify and plan for capacity building support to coalition and local partners
● Develop annual work plans.
● Works with M&E advisor and develop M&E framework and reports accordingly
● Writes regular progress reports and ensures quality and timeliness
● Ensure that ICCO’s partners’ network has the capacity to collectively pursue dialogue for
● Support partners to capacitate community groups, youth and women groups, local partners, and local churches to undertake effective dialogue for development
● Facilitate linking and learning between all program stakeholders to enhance program quality.
● Monitoring and evaluation of on-going/upcoming contracts between ICCO Cooperation and local partners
● Facilitation of capacity building, expertise dialogue and necessary experts’ knowledge
development in the programs.
● Provide feedback and advice to partner organizations involved in the project, do follow-up of
● Identify bottlenecks and opportunities in the context and partner organizations on regular basis
and report to management for necessary actions
● Laisse with financial team for program budget development and monitoring.
Coordination of own implementation activities
● Develop and implement ICCO’s own implementation plan in line with the country plan and in
collaboration with the country, regional and global team.
● Participate/contribute to the development of a regional own implementation plan when
relevant for the project objectives and for visibility and fundraising purposes for ICCO
● Actively link community dialogue agenda from the grass root to the national and international
Linking, networking and fundraising
● Build and maintain strategic alliances for evidence based dialogue for development purposes.
● Establish and maintain the mutually reinforcing linkages between dialogue for development
initiatives at national, regional and international levels.
● Explore and analyse funding opportunities
● Develop or contribute to the development of quality funding proposals to be submitted to
● Contribute to the development of fundraising strategy for ICCO Cooperation Ethiopia Country
● Establish good network with like-minded organizations and potential donors.
● Contribute to ICCO’s learning, exchange and knowledge-sharing
● Contribute to ICCO’s policy development and to the development of strategic planning.
● Contribute to communication/visibility regarding activities and policies of ICCO Cooperation in
Ethiopia and beyond
● Represent ICCO in relevant forums, networking events, meetings, etc. when necessary.
● Perform additional relevant tasks assigned by the Country Manager.
Profile of the Program Officer
● Good knowledge of the social, economic and political situation in Ethiopia
● Special skills, knowledge and experience in designing and implementing dialogue for
● Knowledge of food security and value chain development.
● Proven track record of effective project/program management particularly related to project
● A graduate in development issues coupled with years of experience in international
development or a postgraduate qualification.
● Negotiation skills
● Fundraising skills and proven track record and experiences in fundraising
● Networking and facilitation skills
● Training and facilitation skills
● Good communication skills, including intercultural communication and communication with
● Good experience in fundraising
● 40 hours a week
● Travel to program areas as and when needed
How to apply
Please send your CV of not more than 3 pages and an expression of interest to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org as only email applications shall be considered.
All applications should be clearly marked: “ICCO Cooperation – Program Officer: SPCC" and no email should exceed 2MB. The final submission date is December 7, 2018.
Please note that only those selected will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.