ICCO Cooperation, a global, non-governmental organization, seeks motivated colleagues who support our mission to end poverty and injustice in developing countries. Are you also committed to create a world where people can live in dignity and secured livelihoods? In cooperation with a global team of professionals? Then we are looking for you.
From a coherent theory of change ICCO Cooperation designs, manages and implements programs for inclusive development with a focus on food security (SDG2) and economic development (SDG8). SDG 12 (sustainable production and consumption) en SDG 17 (multi stakeholder partnerships) , gender, climate resilience and inclusion are cross-cutting issues. We offer brokering services for public organisations and private companies. We are also experienced in working with a wide range of financial tools.
Our organization consists of a global office in the Netherlands (Utrecht) and 5 regional offices
in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are active in a variety of countries through our
country representatives. Besides that, we have an ICCO USA office in Washington D.C. ICCO
Cooperation has approximately 300 employees worldwide and a turnover of 45M€ in 2018.
For the department Corporate Strategy & External Relations (CSER) at the global office we are
looking for a:
SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPER ( 1 FTE)
BASED IN UTRECHT,
FOR A PERIOD OF 1 YEAR
The CSER department consists of several functional units that have responsibilities in terms of program and partnership management, business development, resource mobilization activities, communication and monitoring & evaluation. The department develops strategic policies and new tools for building relationships with (potential) partners and contributes to strengthening the brand policy of ICCO. As Senior Business Developer, you are part of the department CSER in Utrecht and more specific, part of the business developers team.
About the position
You will initiate, develop, coordinate and manage value propositions and business development processes on selected topics (especially youth entrepreneurship in agriculture ) and create opportunities for acquisition.
You undertake, lead and develop commercially viable propositions – especially in youth entrepreneurship in agriculture - towards donors and private sector partners in cooperation with our Regional Offices and departments at the Global Office. You are able to develop these propositions through building and maintaining partnerships with specific donors, such as the European Commission, Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, UKAID and DANIDA and also with other stakeholders, like the private sector and government agencies. Your goal is to build a profitable relationship between parties based on mutual interest.
You provide technical advice to regional and country offices and other business units in developing, planning and implementing youth entrepreneurship strategies. You will do that as part of a team, and you are flexible in working with different cultures, time zones and tight deadlines.
You also contribute to the building of partnerships within and outside ICCO for the promotion of youth entrepreneurship in agriculture (information on projects, policies, operational experience, identification of co-financing opportunities, organization of joint promotional activities, etc.) and you participate in knowledge sharing and learning activities on youth entrepreneurship, and contribute to dissemination activities, conferences, workshops and learning programs.
Qualifications needed for the position
- A Master’s or its equivalent in Development Economics, or any other discipline that is relevant to the operations of the CSER; strong knowledge of socio-economic development issues and policies of countries where ICCO has youth entrepreneurship initiatives;
- More than 8 years of relevant work experience in business development, proposition development or fundraising in an international development cooperation context; relevant professional experience in youth entrepreneurship or related field;
- A proven track record in developing and composing winning consortia and proposals;
- Experience in translating an idea in a proposition or project and making an idea happen;
- Is a solid discussion partner for government and political actors, donors, private sector partners and corporate partnerships and has a good sense for lobby, advocacy and fundraising opportunities;
- Has an entrepreneurial attitude with strong networking skills, is capable to extend current networks and develop new contacts in different branches and sectors;
- Good skills to mobilize colleagues worldwide and to create new partnerships with multiple stakeholders;
- Excellent language skills in English. Ability to speak Dutch, French or Spanish is a pre;
- Affinity with the Christian Ecumenical roots of ICCO Cooperation;
- Ability to work independently and also within a team; demonstrated mature sense of judgment;
- Ability to work and cooperate with others from diverse backgrounds;
- Out of the box thinker.
What we offer
We offer a challenging new position in a working area that is rapidly and constantly changing. The position is graded in salary scale 11 of the ICCO GO Terms of Employment, with a gross salary till max € 4.655 per month, excl. 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end of year allowance, based on a 36-hour work week. You will be offered a fixed term contract for the first year with the possibility to extend. The Senior Business Developer regularly visit our Regional Offices. A medical check will be part of the procedure and references will be checked.
For more information about the job you please contact Kees de Ruiter, Head of Corporate Strategy and External Relations, e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Please send your motivation letter and CV in English, before 6 May 2019 to
email@example.com, and refer to the job title and the vacancy number 2019-002 in the email title.