1. Specification of the assignment
The assignment is part of the High Flyers programme (2019-2021), as subgrantee of Youth Business International, with funding from Argidius Foundation. The High Flyers programme enables 1,000 underserved young (18-35 years) agripreneurs in Uganda to scale high-growth potential and sustainable businesses and to create new jobs. The young entrepreneurs will be assisted through a combination of growth-oriented enterprise training courses, quality mentorship, and access to growth financing through external institutions and savings and investments clubs.
2. Bases of contract
The following documents are considered as integral part of the contract:
● Mid term report regarding works done by the consultant (date of submission: 10th of March 2019).
● Report with mapping of financial institutions/organizations and financial products for target group in Nebbi and Lango region, including recommendations for setting up financial networks.
● Report with market assessment and context (agricultural, agribusiness, environmental) analysis in Nebbi and Lango region, including recommendations.
● List of recommended selection criteria for target population (by end of February 2019).
3. Responsibilities of the Consultant
The consultant is responsible for the following milestones and final outputs which are described below:
● Carry out a market assessment in Nebbi and Lango region, analyzing potential (private sector) partners for SMEs in agri business.
● Carry out a context analysis in Nebbi and Lango region, identifying the contextual, agricultural and environmental status, threats and opportunities in the regions.
● Carry out financial mapping of financial service providers and products, both nationally and locally. Identify potential financial organizations for participation in financial networks for youth in agri business and start setting up those networks.
● Recommend on the selection criteria for the target beneficiaries of the programme in response to the findings.
4. Period and duration of assignment
The assignment is scheduled for the period 18 th February 2019 to 31st March 2019.
5. Profile of the consultant
The consultant should have a MBA, or Msc in International Development or Development Studies. Min. 10 years experience with consultancy in a similar field. Experience with baseline studies, market assessments and financial mapping, in Sub-Saharan Africa.
6. Special Conditions
The assignment will be implemented in close cooperation with the Country Manager Uganda
7. Response to this call
Interested consultants must include in their application a detailed technical and financial proposal (No more than 20 pages excluding annexes) with the following components by Monday 11 February, 2019, at 5 p.m.
- Introduction/ background
- Approach and methodology
- Work plan
- Curriculum vitae
- Recommendation letters
8. Submission of proposal
The proposals should be emailed to email@example.com
9. Evaluation and award of Consultancy
ICCO Cooperation will evaluate the proposals and award the assignment based on technical and financial feasibility. ICCO reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal received without giving reasons and is not bound to accept the lowest, the highest or any bidder.
Only the successful applicant will be contacted and those not successful be notified.