Communication and Programme Development Officer
ICCO Cooperation is seeking to hire a competent and qualified person in the position of Communication and Programme Development Officer for the Kenya country office.
Job Summary: The Communication and Programme Development Officer will be responsible for research, writing, editing, fact-checking, designing presentations, visualizations and documents, adapting and rewriting.
Reporting: This position reports to the Country Manager and works in a multidisciplinary team and in direct collaboration with the program staff.
Duty station: Nairobi, Kenya
Position type: local contract
Contract type: Fixed term contract – 1 year with possibility of renewal based on performance
Proposed start of contract: February 1, 2020
Duties and responsibilities of the Communication and Programme Development Officer:
– Development and implementation of communication strategies and action plan together with the local partners.
– Create content campaigns that align with CEA Kenya programme’s vision and goals.
– Design and implement our advocacy messages and materials, and support and develop materials for conferences, trainings and meetings.
– Produce, edit and customize content for all our platforms, including our website, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. Maintain these platforms in coordination with the ICCO global office in the Netherlands.
– Co-writing and/or providing input for Monitoring & Evaluation reports for ICCO programs in Kenya including case studies and stories of change.
– Supports and oversees communication and media work with local partners and agency.
– Coordinates and builds the capacity of local partners in communication and the use of media in advocacy.
– Attract, build and develop relationships with new and existing networks, linkages and partners.
2. Knowledge Management
– Help in knowledge capturing and reuse in the programme in Kenya.
– Facilitate knowledge transfer sessions, trainings and documentation.
– Plan, develop, stand up, support, and promote collaborative tools and techniques such as communities of practice to facilitate sharing of ideas and work among internal teams and external partners.
– Ensure all monitoring information is stored in a timely and adequate manner on the ICCO PMEL database (Promeva).
3. Content Research and Programme Development
– Deliver quality information and communication material serving public support activities by the ICCO global office (including fundraising), targeting the general public, congregations, private funds, equity funds and other (institutional) target groups.
– Support in writing program development documents to donors and partners.
– Develop/contribute to the development of quality funding proposals to be submitted to potential donors for themes related to ICCO priority topics.
– Establish and maintain mutually reinforcing linkages between dialogue for development initiatives at national, regional and international levels.
– Perform online and on the ground primary research for blog posts, articles, guides and other content.
– Make, collect and select quality information, adjusting it to the objectives of the programme.
– Pitch articles for donors and publication, presentations for meetings.
– Establish contacts and sources to use in future research.
– Performs any other duties as may be required
Qualifications and experience
– MA degree in development studies, social sciences, communications, project management or any other relevant field
– Minimum 4 years experience in proposal development
– Experienced in creative writing, journalism and/or mass communication.
– Affinity with lobby and advocacy work
– Good knowledge of the social, economic and political situation in the region and local communication methods.
– Excellent teamwork, communication and organizational skills
– Excellent critical thinking and demonstrate experience with impact stories, reports and interviews
– A good command of written and spoken English and Swahili
– Open and communicative
– Solid communicator (written and spoken)
– Customer directed
– Accurate and efficient
– Result driven
– Independent team worker
– Affinity with the protestant character of ICCO
More details of the job description are available via https://drive.google.com/open?id=1epX98qs3y-twnAPSicvEXoILlCXmQ_5n
How to apply
Interested candidates should go to http://icco.hrmagic.co/careers/ and apply online. Ensure you fill in all the required fields and submit accordingly. The final deadline for submissions is Friday 3rd January 2020 at 17:00 hrs. Only online applications submitted before the deadline will be considered. Short listed candidates will be interviewed in the 3rd week of January 2020.