Interim Country Manager Uganda
The Country Manager is responsible for the smooth running of in country teams and programs, and brings specialist skills and knowledge relating to ICCO themes. The Country Manager also doubles up as Program Manager.
OPENING DATE: WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 4, 2019 CLOSING DATE: TUESDAY December 31, 2019
Organization profile Interchurch Organization for Development Cooperation (ICCO Cooperation) is an international non-governmental organisation founded in 1964 in the Netherlands and implements programmes with partners in Central, Eastern and Southern Africa since the 1980s. We work towards a world in which people can live in dignity and well-being, a world without poverty and injustice.
The Country Manager is responsible for the smooth running of in country teams and programs, and brings specialist skills and knowledge relating to ICCO themes. The Country Manager also doubles up as Program Manager, and is responsible for implementing programs, strategic planning, supporting operations, developing business, fundraising and establishing and enhancing relations with local partners/donors within Uganda.
- Monthly reports to the Regional Manager, providing progress updates on all responsibilities as outlined in this Terms of Reference (dates of submission: 5th of March, 5th of April, 5th of May, 5th of June, 5th of July 2020).
- Required financial and narrative reports and plans for donors according to guidelines in contracts with the different partners and donors.
- Handover report to the Country Manager Uganda, with progress updates on all responsibilities described in this ToR (date of submission: 9th of July 2020).
Duty station: Kampala, Uganda
Contract type: Consultancy
Consultancy duration: 3rd February 2020 to 10th of July 2020
Duties and responsibilities of the Country Manager:
- Program implementation
- Program monitoring
- Country office operation
Qualifications and skills required:
- Master’s degree in development studies or a related field.
- Extensive (5- 7 years) experience in program management with International NGOs and knowledge of private sector development in African context;
- Proven track record of effective project/program management, particularly related to project start-up;
- Good knowledge of the social, economic and political situation in Uganda;
- Specialist skills and knowledge relating to livelihoods themes;
- Strong entrepreneurial abilities;
- Experience in working and coordinating with international and national partners, government and donor agencies;
- Excellent project planning, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, take direction, assume leadership and make rational decisions while working remotely from country leadership;
- High motivation, initiative and adaptability in a challenging working environment;
- Strong skills in managing a team with different cultural backgrounds, abilities and technical knowledge.
How to apply
Interested persons should go to http://icco.hrmagic.co/careers/ and apply online. Ensure you fill in all the required fields and submit accordingly. The final deadline for submissions is Tuesday 31st December 2019 at 17:00 hrs. Only applications submitted before the deadline will be considered.Apply