Senior HR advisor
We are looking for a senior HR advisor.
ICCO Cooperation is an enterprising global development organization, that seeks motivated colleagues to support our mission. Are you committed to create a world where people can live in dignity and secure their livelihoods? Then we would like to meet you.
ICCO Cooperation designs, manages and implements programs with focus on economic empowerment, food and nutrition security and emergency response. Responsible business and inclusiveness are cross-cutting issues. We not only implement programs that help farmers and small agribusinesses grow, we also offer brokering services for public-private partnerships. ICCO Cooperation is experienced in working with a wide range of financial tools.
Our organization consists of a global office in the Netherlands (Utrecht) and five regional offices in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are also active in a variety of countries through our country representatives and we have an ICCO USA office in Washington D.C. ICCO Cooperation has approximately 350 employees worldwide and a turnover of 40M€ in 2018.
For the global office in Utrecht we are looking for a:
Senior HR advisor
28 – 32 hours
The global office in Utrecht with a staff of 56 is responsible for the corporate strategy, finance, communication and reporting of the organization and offers IT, HR and finance services to the global office and the regional offices.
About the position
- Providing support and challenging managers to facilitate them in the people management aspects.
- Advising managers and staff in the areas of safety, health and wellbeing.
- Developing and implementing policy of specific HR themes (for instance sustainable employability, integrity etc.), including in the field of international HR instruments.
- Maintaining contacts with external parties, such as company doctor, health and safety service, insurance companies etc.
- Managing 3 HR support colleagues.
- Responsible for setting up and conducting the risk inventory and evaluation (RI&E) in cooperation with the health & safety service.
- Responsible for the implementation of health and safety policy measures.
- You report to the CEO.
Knowledge and expertise
- The HR advisor must be able to work well within a global and international environment. A mixture of empathy, self-confidence and a pragmatic business focused approach of HR matters will be required:
- A Bachelor degree in Personnel Management / Human Resources (for instance HBO Personeel & Arbeid).
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in a similar position on the executive, tactical and strategic level of a (preferably international) big or medium-sized organization.
- Knowledge and experience in a variety of HR areas: recruitment, contracts, onboarding, illness, terms of employment and preferably also experience with expats /expat contracts.
- Keywords are: integrity, cooperation, persuasive power, conceptual capabilities, negotiating skills, flexible and stress-resistant.
- You are able to communicate effectively in English and Dutch in spoken-word and writing.
- Preferably you have experience with the Google Suite applications.
- You have affinity with development cooperation and are open-minded towards the protestant character of the organization.
What we offer
The position is graded in salary scale 10 of the ICCO Terms of Employment (min. € 2.454,77 and max. € 4.152,11 gross salary per month based on a 36-hour work week; depending on working experience). Besides, we offer an end of year allowance of 8,3% and an 8% holiday allowance. Your duty station will be Utrecht, The Netherlands. A screening on integrity will also be part of the procedure. You will be offered a fixed-term contract for one year with the possibility to extend.
For more information on this position, call Sybren Attema, CEO, at 030 – 6927951.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a written application in English (in 1 PDF file if possible) to the HR department of ICCO (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 8 October 2019. Please mention the vacancy title and number 2019-006 in the subject title.